With spring in full swing, we are entering allergy season for many. According to Ayurveda, allergies result from improper digestion and an accumulation of Ama in the physiology. This results in a weak immune system and disturbs the body's response mechanisms. The ingredients in this chutney help improve digestion:
- Coriander contains flavonoids and phenols that can help fight allergies. Coriander works to alleviate symptoms by enhancing digestion, the root cause of allergies.
- Ginger is a natural antihistamine. It can help relieve allergies by supporting digestion and clearing Ama according to Ayurveda.
- Cumin seeds aid digestion and improves immunity
- Garlic helps with digestion, relieves Ama, useful in skin diseases.
- Salt aids digestion
- Lime juice helps with digestion and is rich in vitamin C
1 cup fresh coriander, 1/2 in chopped ginger, 1 chopped green chilli (optional), 1-2 tsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, black, rock, or sea salt
How to make it
- Together with some water, add all the ingredients to a blender or chutney grinder and blend until smooth.
- Check the seasoning and add more salt or lemon juice if required
- You can add coconut, avocado, fresh mint, roasted chickpeas for variation and to balance a particular dosha.